Family and outdoors

I've been looking for a good spot to start sharing my thoughts on family outdoors activities that I've been a part of, as well as some trips I've taken with just the guys.  My main focus will be on activities with my family members, but as I travel around the globe, I am afforded the opportunity to take an occasional side trip.  I am always in search of a place to come back to with the family.

Canyon Man is my Indian Princess/Indian Guide name, given to me by my Daughter.  It was given to me shortly after a backpacking trip to the Escalante/Grand Staircase area in Utah and Arizona.  I apologize to anyone who has the same trail name.

My family and I spend a great deal of time outdoors.  When we first got started about 10 years ago, I didn't know a whole lot about camping, hiking, backpacking, etc.  I've learned a lot since then.  I think there are probably a lot of people out there who would like to get involved in outdoors activities with their families, but aren't sure of how, or what's appropriate for children at what ages, what gear is needed and not needed, etc.  I will occasionally throw in an impromptu gear review, if I feel it is appropriate.  

I've compiled a life list, which continues to grow.  I'd like to share my stories as I cross things off the list.  I hope you'll come back again and visit.

Canyon Man

Comments

Popular Posts