My Review of Big Agnes Diversion Recycled Insulated Air Core Sleeping Pad - Regular

REI

This Big Agnes sleeping pad includes all the same great comfort of the original Air Core—now featuring environmentally responsible materials!


Like sleeping on my sleep number

Chris - Hiker and Camper Dallas, TX 4/26/2009

 

4 5

Gift: No

Pros: Compact Roll Up, Lightweight, Comfortable, Easy To Inflate, Durable Design

Cons: Not wide enough

Best Uses: Car Camping, Backpacking, Weekend Trips, Extended Trips

Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer

What Is Your Gear Style: Comfort Driven

I originally started with some self-inflating, 1 inch pads that I thought were pretty good. Then, I bought a Big Agnes non-insulated air mattress at the REI Garage sale. It was terrific. The size to weight to comfort ratio was much better than the self-inflating pad. Then, with trips to the Rocky Mountains and Grand Tetons looming, I found the insulated air core. Aaaaaahhhhh. I even went for the 3/4 length one. Again, I was impressed with the size to weight to comfort ratio. I have camped with several people since who have walked away with sleeping pad envy. Apart from being a bit too narrow, actually, I'm probably too big, but working on that, I can find no flaws with it. Inflating is not bad at all. I can have it inflated in about 2-3 minutes. No big deal. I have also added the chair frame and the pair make a heck of a place to kick back when on the trail.

I highly recommend this product, and have had at least 2 friends purchase after trying it out.

()

Comments

Popular Posts