Remembering Gary Mittelholtz - Gary "The Outdoors Guy"

For those who may have not heard, we have lost a friend. A friend, whom I've never met face-to-face, but I feel like I know very well. Gary Mittelholtz was the voice behind one of my favorite podcasts, Doing Stuff Outdoors. According to his site, he was an avid outdoor enthusiast, video producer, writer and recently retired broadcast journalist with over 30 years experience in radio and television. He’s currently the Publisher/Editor of a community newspaper serving the River Valley area of southern New Brunswick and a New Media Content Creator. Gary passed away on March 13, 2010 while enjoying one of his favorite outdoor activities, cross-country skiing. An article is published on the CBC website at http://www.cbc.ca/arts/story/2010/03/14/nb-gary-mittelholtz-obit-342.html.

Gary's podcast was the first outdoors-related podcast I ran across. His love of the outdoors and willingness to share it with me and others was extremely inspirational. It's hard to believe someone as active and young as Gary could be taken so suddenly. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

I had always hoped to meet up with him on a snowshoe or a hike on the trail. He will be missed. I am on one of my family camping trips that I would have loved to share with Gary "The Outdoors Guy". I know he's looking down from above and will be enjoying all the stories we have to share. There will always be thoughts of him on all of my Outdoor Adventures.

Gary will be missed.

Comments

Popular Posts