My Review of REI Flash 65 Pack

Originally submitted at REI

If you want to go light without sacrificing comfort, the multiday REI Flash 65 pack is for you. It sports a balanced mix of light weight, versatile features and a comfortable suspension.

All-purpose pack

By Chris - Hiker and Camper from Grapevine, TX on 3/27/2011

5out of 5

Pros: Comfortable, Highly Adjustable, Large Capacity, Lightweight

Best Uses: Extended Hikes, Day Hikes

Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer

What Is Your Gear Style: Minimalist

Was this a gift?: No

I exchanged an REI Mars for this and am extremely glad I did. I tend to do a lot of dayhikes, but about 3 times a year I do multi-day trips, mostly into the Rockies and Sierras. As a result of these locales, I'm generally carrying a bear canister which fits nicely inside the main compartment. My BearVault BV500 even fits lengthwise side to side. The straps on the bottom hold my tent nice and snug. The waterproof front pocket is great for keeping my cell phone dry when the afternoon showers hit. And the large side pockets allow me to carry my Nalgene plus 3 more for my young children.
One great feature that adds to the versatility is the removable frame. This allows me to convert it into a rucksack for those shorter dayhikes.

I've carried loads up to around 38 pounds and this pack carries like a champ. I'll be wearing this pack until it falls apart, which, so far, seems like it'll be a long time from now.

On a multi-day backpack in the Inyo NF


On a Buffalo National River crossingTags: Using Product, Picture of Product

Tags: Using Product, Picture of Product

(legalese)

Comments

Popular Posts