Review of Skout Trailbars
- Chocolate + Peanut Butter - This was almost like eating a brownie and was unlike any other Chocolate / Peanut Butter trail bar I've had. While most Chocolate / Peanut Butter trail bars are extremely sweet and/or very chewy, this was soft, moist, nutty with a lot of oats in it giving it a bit of chewability. These would be really good with ice cream.
- Cherry + Vanilla - This was my favorite. There were generous sized pieces of organic dried cherries full of flavor and, as with the Chocolate + Peanut Butter, it was very moist. This didn't seem to be as oaty as the Chocolate + Peanut Butter.
- Blueberry + Almond - This was moist as the rest, plus the great taste of blueberries with almond bits. I was thinking this was going to be my favorite because I really like blueberries. The bar I had didn't have a lot of blueberries in it like I was hoping. Dried blueberries are on the ingredients list, so I might have just gotten an unlucky bar. I'm going to give this one another try as it did have good flavor, I was just hoping for some more blueberries.
- Apple + Cinnamon - This had a great flavor, almost like grandma's apple pie. I didn't notice as much dried fruit as the Cherry + Vanilla, but you could definitely taste the apples and cinnamon. It did seem to have a more nutty texture than the others, as I really noticed some good chunks of nuts. As with the Cherry + Vanilla, it was not as oaty as the Chocolate + Peanut Butter.
- Chocolate + Coconut - This is the one I didn't try. I'm not a big fan of Coconut, so if anyone tries this one, feel free to post some comments.