Wool socks - they're not just for Winter anymore
- Moisture wicking and water resistant- this is good when it's warm and your feet are really hot and sweaty. This will keep your feet drier and prevent blisters. Plus, even when it's cooler outside and you have to make a river crossing, your socks are going to dry out as you walk (assuming your shoes are breathable and your not walking in puddles)
- Breathable - this will help you regulate your temperature and also keep you from getting jungle foot.
- Odor resistant - this will make your tent mates happy at the end of the day, and even around the house, you don't have to stink up the rest of the laundry or wash a special load just for your smelly socks.
- Durability - this will help you protect your investment. I will go through about two or three pair of cotton socks in the time it takes to wear out my wool socks.
- Softness - the new wools on the market today are as soft if not softer than the cotton socks you'll find. This will also cut down on the blisters and hot spots.